“Vaccination is our message, not just against one virus this winter, it’s against influenza as well,” said HSE Chief Clinical Officer Colm Henry. At a media briefing on Thursday he advised “It protects you; it also protects those around you. It stops you eventually if you do become ill, transmitting that, getting sick and causing someone else to become sick. And of course, it protects our healthcare system, and reduces the burden of illness.”
Cavan and Monaghan COVID-19 Vaccination Centres and Pop up mobile clinics are offering primary vaccinations and adapted bivalent booster doses to eligible cohorts. These new adapted bivalent vaccines offer increased protection against COVID-19 and the Omicron variant.
You can book your COVID-19 vaccine appointment online at www.hse.ie/book or you can walk-in to the centre. There are different times offered for different age cohorts, therefore please ensure you book/walk-in to the correct clinic for your age.
Flu and COVID-19 viruses are now circulating in our communities and as they are different viruses you will need two vaccines to be protected against both.
Getting the Flu vaccine is the best way to protect yourself, your family, colleagues and our health services. To book your Flu vaccine and to check if you are one of the eligible groups please contact your GP or check with your local pharmacy. You can also check which pharmacy is delivering flu vaccines via the pharmacy finder: https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/flu/pharmacies-flu/
Please see following information for eligibility and COVID-19 vaccine course.
- 65 years and older, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose, 3rd Booster dose
- 50 to 64 years, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose
- 12 to 49 years, (with certain long term medical conditions; residents of long-term care facilities), 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose
- Healthcare Workers, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose
- 12 to 49 years, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose,
- 12 years and older (with a weak immune system), 1st round of vaccination, Additional dose, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose, 3rd Booster dose
- Pregnancy, 1st round of vaccination, 1st Booster dose, 2nd Booster dose
- Children 5 -11 years, 1st round of vaccination
- Children 5 -11 years (with a weak immune system), 1st round of vaccination, Additional dose, 1st Booster dose
The following POP up COVID-19 Vaccination clinics will be offered in Cavan and Monaghan next week:
Drumalee GAA Clubhouse, St. Felim’s Park, Drumalee, Cavan, H12 DY88.
Monday 7th November 2022
10:30am – 1pm and 1:45 – 4pm – 12 years and over
Tuesday 8th November 2022
10:30am – 12:30pm – 12 years and over
Saturday 12th November
10:15am to 2:45pm 12 years and over
St Joseph’s Pastoral Centre, Broad Rd, Mullaghmonaghan, Co. Monaghan, H18 VK77
Wednesday 9th November
10:30am – 2pm – 12 years and over
2:45pm – 4pm – 5 – 11 years of age
Iontas Centre, Castleblayney, Co. Monaghan, A75 HK09
Thursday 10th November
10:30am – 3pm – 12 years and over
Sinead McConnell, General Manager, COVID-19 Vaccination Programme, CH CDLMS said “Ireland’s COVID-19 vaccination programme has achieved one of the highest levels of uptake in Europe to date, with more than 96.9% of adults having received a primary vaccination (or 84.43% of the eligible population over 5 years old) and 79.9% of adults having been administered a booster vaccine. We are encouraging everyone to top up their vaccinations across Cavan and Monaghan, to best protect themselves and others this winter.”
Community Healthcare Cavan, Donegal, Leitrim, Monaghan, Sligo