Cavan/Monaghan Fianna Fáil TD, Brendan Smith has welcomed the major
allocation of €38.8M for the National Roads and Greenways Programme in
Cavan and Monaghan for 2023.
“This very substantial funding will enable a very comprehensive programme of
improvement works to be carried out on our primary and secondary roads in
I very much welcome the specific allocation of €2M for the N3 Virginia Bypass
and this will mean a significant step forward for this important and much-
needed road project.
- €10M is also being allocated for the Corduff to Killydoon roadworks on
- €4.4M is also being allocated for the N54 road from Butlersbridge to the
- €3.6M will be invested on the N3 on the Whitegate to Maghera stretch.
- €400,000 is also being allocated for the Cavan Railway/Cavan Town
- €150,000 is also being provided to support the work of Cavan County
Council in progressing greenway projects.
Other significant road improvements will be carried out with this much-needed
and welcome government investment in our national primary and national
secondary roads which carry a very heavy volume of traffic on a daily basis”
stated Brendan Smith TD.